Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recovering + Etsy score!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately; an especially nasty virus laid my family low for about a week. Taking care of a sick baby when you're also sick is no picnic! Thankfully, my husband did not catch it, so he was able to watch the baby for one full day by himself while I was still contagious. He then spent the next day "recovering" (sleeping and drinking beer). Apparently, being "Mr. Mom" did not agree with him.

The only thing that I accomplished this week was a series of lucky finds on Etsy: all of these vintage belt buckles are now mine!




I already have plans for some of them, and the rest I'll save for a rainy day. The blue and orange ones are wooden, and I've already covered one with fabric to match the afore-mentioned yellow swiss dot skirt, which I finally finished, along with its matching shirt. I'll post a photo of that outfit tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read you and yours have been ill! Hope you're feeling better! Great buckle stash! I've been slowly collecting some here and there....I could imagine a person just collecting buckles (like buttons or stamps), there are so many amazing ones out there.

    ReplyDelete